Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Valentine from my Hubby

Late last month, Jim made me a belated valentine. The best part was just getting to sit with him as he worked on it. I think he knew it was the time more than the finished card that I would enjoy, so it didn't really matter that it was late. He was inspired by this card, which I made for a group swap back in January. He wanted to color the outline and incorporate the flowers and brads like I did, but he changed the main image to the heart.

He stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" on the inside and left the front blank. I told him it needed a greeting, so he stamped "i love you", which is ((wincing)) contraband -- a Close to My Heart stamp. After he stamped it, I told him it wasn't a Stampin' Up! stamp and he responded: "What!? Why did you let me ruin the card with something that wasn't Stampin' Up!?" ((wink))

Supplies: Love You Much, Riding Hood Red cardstock, Close to Cocoa ink & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Pink Pirouette ink, Blender Pen, Soft Subtles Brads, Trio Flower Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

OK - you need to get that stamp right out of the house! {wink} So sweet for him to stamp with you.

Stacey Schafer said...

LOL:) What were you thinking, Julie? Seriously, Jim is so sweet! I haven't been able to get Greg to pick up a stamp yet:)