Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tic Tac Snow Game

I LOVE this project and just had to re-post it again this year. I'm so excited that the Small Felt Flurries and the Skinny Silver Tins are available again -- and for half the price -- in the Clearance Rack of my Online Store!

-----------------------Original Post------------------------

Here is the second of my Christmas Tin Games. I just love the way these turned out. They would make perfect stocking stuffers -- or games to keep the kids busy in the car on the way to Grandma's house.

I had been thinking of making a Tic Tac Toe game like this for awhile, but wasn't sure what to use...X & O's, bugs, flowers & stars. As I was working on my Match Game, I thought of the Little Felt Flurries (Item #113697, $13.95--now only $5.99 in the Clearance Rack of my Online Store). The smallest ones were the perfect size. I used the Tombow Multi adhesive to glue them to 1-1/4" white punched circles and then layered on the coordinating color cardstock. There are little magnets on the back of each snowflake so they can be stored on the left side and then used on the gameboard on the right.

The skinny silver tin is also from Stampin' Up! (Item #108333, $1.95--now only $0.99 in the Clearance Rack of my Online Store).

Supplies: Short Order Alphabet, Taffy Alphabet, Little Felt Flurries, Ski Slope DSP, Real Red ink & cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Baja Breeze striped ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Tombow Multi Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, magnets, skinny silver tin

6 comments:

ebshelt said...

These tin games are adorable. If I find the time/motivation, I'm going to steal this idea and make them for my niece and nephews for Christmas.

Megan said...

Ok, this is SO cute! I absolutly love this and the match game tin you did! I may just have to copy your idea and make some of these! So fun! :)

JulieA said...

This is really fun! What a great idea.

Janet Strain said...

OMG you are the coolest mom ever! This is so adorable, I might make one and I don't even have kids to play with it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great idea! I made a set for a single mom in our church who has a special needs child. They both loved it. I also included the pieces for the match/memory game as well. Mom said it was a big hit while wating at the doctor's office last week.

Thanks again.
janet***

Unknown said...

Great ideas! I love your games and may have to steal them myself.