Monday, October 13, 2008

Pulled Pastels Card

Here's another classic card with my old favorite "Lovely As a Tree". I actually ordered this stamp set as part of my Demonstrator Starter Kit over 6 years ago! I CASEd this card from one that my upline Kim Peck made several years ago. I just love the simplicity of it. It's easy and the trees just "pop"!

The technique used on this card is called Pulled Pastels. Started with the dark cardstock (I used Not Quite Navy) and use sponge daubers to apply Stampin' Pastels all over (I used Really Rust, More Mustard, and Old Olive). Ink your image stamp in Versamark ink and stamp it over the pastels. The ink will "pull" the pastels off the cardstock, leaving the image behind.

This is also gorgeous with Night of Navy cardstock covered with white chalk (pastels). It looks like trees in a flurry of snow!

Supplies: Lovely as a Tree, It's Your Birthday (greeting), Not Quite Navy ink & cardstock, Kraft cardstock, Versamark ink pad, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Dauber

No comments: