Monday, June 2, 2008

Go Fish Game

I wish I could take credit for this -- but I CASEd it from none other than Stampin' Up! This was the make and take project for kids on the cruise. I finally got a chance to make one of my own this afternoon. It came together fairly quickly.

Supplies: Life's a Breeze stamp set, Something Fishy Jumbo Wheel, Best Friends Lower Alphabet, Bashful Blue Classic ink & cardstock, Wild Wasabi Classic ink & cardstock, Real Red Classic ink & cardstock, Pumpkin Pie Classic ink & cardstock, Basic Black Classic ink, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, 1/2" circle punch & 1/8" hole punch for tag reinforcer, linen thread.

Measurements: The cards are 4" x 2-1/2" Whisper White mounted on 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" Bashful Blue. The "belly band" slides on and off the empty Accents & Elements tin (available from Stampin' Up! in a 3 pk for $9.95). The belly band is 2-1/2" x 11" of Bashful Blue cardstock, scored at 2-1/2", 3", 7-7/8", 8 3/8". Adhere together with a half (cut lengthwise) piece of sticky strip. The tag is 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" with the top two corners cut off. (I eye-balled one corner, then held the cut corner to the other size as a guide.)

There are 20 cards total (2 each of 10 designs). If you don't know how to play "Go Fish", click here for a description.

The way Claire has been destroying games lately, I hesitate to actually give it to my kids to play with. It will have to be a top shelf game for now!

1 comment:

MJar said...

ultra cute!!!!! This would be a great project for the kids to make too :D