Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cute as a Ladybug

This is one of my favorite scrapbook pages I have made. I created it as part of my submission to be display stamper for Leadership Conference last fall and I got picked! Of course this also means that I sent away the page and don't have a sample of my own.


Claire was such a cutie pie in her ladybug dress, I just had to use these pictures for a page. I started by choosing colors from her dress: Pixie Pink and Gable Green. I embossed the title in white using the Big Deal alphabet set. Originally, I had stamped "cute as a" right on the pink, but it was crooked, so I had to cover it up. I actually like the way it turned out with the Word Window punch better. The little ladybug on the b (and the cute sentiment) comes from the Bugs and Kisses stamp set. I dyed the flowers from the Pretties Kit using reinker and the Aquapainter.

The journaling says: "Grandma made this ladybug dress for Claire. I let Claire help me open the package as soon and it arrived and she couldn't wait to try it on! August 10, 2007".

No comments: